I’m all about travel, animals, and delicious vegetarian food. My husband and I sold our house and all of our stuff, loaded up our two dogs, and moved to Central America in the spring of 2016. Everything we own fits in eight suitcases. Crazy? Probably. Awesome? Absolutely!
Some other facts about me, in no particular order:
- I am a scuba diver. I am a NAUI-certified master diver. I have aspirations to become a certified divemaster.
- I hail from Colorado and North Dakota, both land-locked states in the United States, but I love the ocean. As a Colorado girl, I love the mountains, but I’m ready for some new scenery.
- I hate cold weather. My ideal temperature is about 75 degrees Fahrenheit / 24 degrees Celsius. Warm weather and greenery make me happy.
- I’ve been a vegetarian since about 2008. I have a recipe for vegan shepherd’s pie that will knock your socks off.
- Left unchecked, I would probably have a small farm’s worth of animals. Currently, we’re limited to two dogs, which is more than enough to wrangle while traveling.
- My Spanish is pretty decent. My French is elementary. At one point I knew a tiny bit of Italian, but it’s very foggy now. And for some reason, I can say “elevator” and “escalator” in Japanese.
- In preparation for our new nomadic lifestyle, I quit coloring my hair last year. It’s the first time I’ve really seen my natural hair color since I was 16. It’s much prettier than I thought. I wish I hadn’t wasted all the time, effort, money, and (when it went badly) heartache on coloring it all those years. I have some gray hair in there now. And for some reason, that’s much cooler than I thought it would be.
- I like to take pictures next to huge plants when I travel. Like flowers the size of my head or stands of bamboo that dwarf me. (Trivia fact: Some species of bamboo can grow as fast as 3 feet per day! Wikipedia is a wealth of amazing knowledge.)
Whether you’re looking for information about something, vicariously enjoying some travel destinations from your couch, or just clicked the wrong link somewhere, I’m glad you’re here! Like it? Then let’s get all social media-y. Follow those links all over the page to stalk me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Bloglovin’, or subscribe for email updates. I appreciate your support, as this stuff all takes a lot of work! In return, I promise to not post stuff that sucks. (You’re welcome.)